Simple tortillas don’t have to taste simple, especially when using Sargento® Sliced Mild Cheddar in combination with your favorite salsa. Just heat until the cheese bubbles out the sides, then garnish with a dollop of sour cream for that perfectly cooling ingredient.
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas or flavored flour tortillas
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Mild Cheddar or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup mild chunky-style salsa (optional)
- Butter flavor cooking spray
- Sour cream (optional)
- Top each tortilla with 2 slices of cheese. Spoon salsa over cheese, if desired. Fold tortilla in half, forming a half-moon shape.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; cook quesadillas over medium heat 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.