A chicken salad sandwich on sourdough or ciabatta rolls is extra delicious with layers of a perfectly ripe tomato, crisp lettuce and slices of Sargento® Mozzarella Cheese. It’s a yummy way to use leftover chicken.
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. coarse grained or Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 4 slices sourdough bread or 2 soft ciabatta rolls, split
- 2 slices Sargento® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 slices large tomato
- Combine chicken, mayonnaise and mustard; mix well. Stir in red pepper if desired.
- Spread mixture over 2 slices bread or bottom of rolls; top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and remaining bread or roll tops.