<p>These are unlike any doughnuts you’ve ever had. Tender pizza dough is cut into doughnut shapes, fried in oil until golden brown, then topped with pizza sauce, Sargento® Sliced Provolone Natural Cheese with Natural Smoke Flavor and mini pepperoni and baked until melted.</p>
- Using a 4-inch and 1 ¼-inch diameter round cutters, cutout 8 rounds using the 4-inch cutter, then cut out the center using the 1 ¼-inch cutter. You should have 8 doughnut shaped pieces of dough. Save the small round cutouts for a different use or discard.
- Place the doughnut shaped dough pieces on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. And set aside.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place three doughnuts into the oil. Fry for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip doughnuts using a fork or tongs and fry an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Fry remaining doughnuts as above. Remove paper towels from underneath doughnuts.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of sauce on top of each doughnut. Using the small round cutter, cut a hole out of the center of each slice of provolone. Set aside the cutout pieces. Place 2 doughnut shaped pieces of cheese over the sauce on 6 of the doughnuts. Place the small rounds of cheese on top of the remaining two doughnuts. Place baking sheet in center of oven. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has just melted.
- Remove pan from oven. Place 5 or 6 pepperoni pieces over cheese. Return baking sheet to oven. Bake an additional 3-4 minutes or until melted. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Serve.