<p>There’s absolutely nothing better than pizza with homemade crust topped a winning blend of toppings. In this version, bubbly, melted Mozzarella smothers caramelized leeks and roasted cherry tomatoes and it’s topped off with Italian ham. This recipe makes 9-inch individual pizzas, but feel free to make one large pizza.</p>
- PIZZA DOUGH:
- 2 1/2 tps. Self rising yeast
- 2 cups Luke warm water
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 tps. Salt
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 4 Leeks, white part only cleaned and sliced
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves slices
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 3 cups Cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella
- 10 slices Prosciutto
- 2 Tbs chopped Oregano
- In a large mixing bowl add the yeast, sugar, water and salt and let sit for 10 minutes. Then add in the flour and mix until well combined then place on a flour surface and kneed dough for 5 minutes. Place the dough back into a lightly oiled bowl and cover for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Punch down the dough and measure into 8oz portions roll into a ball and place onto a sheet tray and cover for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- In a medium sauté pan add the olive oil and heat on low heat. Then add the leeks garlic salt and pepper. Cook leeks for 20 minutes
- Place cherry tomatoes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper. Place into the oven for 2 minutes.
- On a lightly floured board roll the dough one at a time into 9 inch round. Place a portion of the leeks, cherry tomatoes, Shredded cheese and place onto the pizza stone and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the prosciutto onto and cut into portions and garnish with chopped oregano.