Mini Deep Dish Pizza CupsPrep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>Here’s a fun option for dinner with your family or a crowd-pleasing appetizer for a party. Refrigerated French bread dough and Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella (and/or Cheddar) Cheese make these a breeze to whip up. Choose the toppings of your choice and use alfredo or pesto sauce in place of pizza sauce if you’d prefer.</p>
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- 1 tube Refrigerated French loaf dough
- 4 Tbsp. Prepared pizza sauce
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Mini pepperoni, sausage, pepper rings, mushrooms, black olives, spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Using a 12 cup muffin tin, spoon ½ tsp. olive oil into the bottom of each cup. Sprinkle garlic salt into each cup over oil. Set muffin tin aside.
- Remove dough from tube and place on a cutting board. Cut dough in half crosswise, then cut each half in half again, creating 4 sections. Cut each section into 3 equal slices, making 12 slices.
- Pick 1 piece up and with your fingers and press the dough into a thin, round disk about 3” to 4” in diameter. Place dough round into one of the cups with the garlic oil. Turn cup over so both sides are coated with oil. Repeat with remaining dough rounds until muffin tin is filled with oiled dough rounds.
- Spoon 1 tsp. of pizza sauce over dough round. Sprinkle cheese evenly over sauce. Place toppings over cheese. Place muffin tin on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plates and serve.
- NOTE: If using spinach or mushrooms, place those items under the cheese to protect them from getting burnt. You can also substitute the pizza sauce for alfredo or pesto sauce if desired.
There are currently no reviews or comments.