<p>Pack your appetite; we’re headed to the Windy City. This traditional Chicago-style pizza really lives up to its name in every sense. No matter how you slice it, this pizza boasts a generous helping of hearty crust, Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella, savory toppings and sauce with every serving.</p>
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 cups (16 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional or Fine Cut, divided
- 1-1/2 lb. lean pork sausage
- 3 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) Italian or plum tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- Grease a 14x2-inch deep-dish pizza pan; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Roll bread dough to 16-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Press dough into bottom and 1 1/2-inches up sides of pan.
- Sprinkle with 3 cups cheese; crumble sausage over cheese. Top with tomatoes, oregano, fennel, mushrooms, if desired, and remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated 500°F oven 5 minutes; reduce heat to 400°F and bake an additional 35 minutes or until crust is golden and sausage is cooked through.