<p>The fresh cranberry apple slaw is the perfect cool, crunchy companion to the chicken and melted Sargento® Mild Cheddar cheese in this mouthwatering panini. Pick up a rotisserie chicken for this easy-to-make recipe.</p>
- 1 Tbsp. salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp. deli mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 cup fresh apple, julienned (any combination of Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp)
- 1 cup green or red cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 cups deli rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Mild Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 4 slices rustic honey whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, gently toss apple, cabbage and cranberries. Stir in dressing just until coated. Add chopped almonds and set aside.
- To assemble: Place 4 slices of bread on a clean, flat surface. Top each slice with one slice of cheese. Add chicken, prepared slaw and remaining cheese slices. Top with bread. Brush both sides of sandwich with melted butter.
- Grill sandwiches one at a time in a hot panini machine for 5 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Enjoy.