This cheesy stuffed pizza is made with Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut and a healthy dose of spinach that packs a punch even Popeye would approve of! Sink your teeth into the juicy blend of chopped plum tomatoes and sweet Italian sausage all within a buttery and flaky crust bubbling over with cheese.
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) frozen white bread dough
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage, cooked and well drained (optional)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Thaw bread dough and let rise according to package directions. Roll two-thirds dough into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Line bottom and sides of greased 9-inch cake pan with dough. Place tomatoes and sausage, if desired, in pan; sprinkle with basil, oregano and pepper.
- Combine Ricotta, spinach, Mozzarella, 3/4 cup Parmesan, garlic and salt in small bowl; spread over tomatoes. Roll remaining dough into 9-inch circle; place over cheese mixture. Pinch edges to seal. Bake in preheated 450°F oven 25 minutes. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.