<p>These single serve cheese filled buns are the perfect size for snacking or enjoying with a meal. Buttery brioche buns are cut into partial slices, slathered with a herb garlic butter and stuffed with Sargento® Sliced Provolone Natural Cheese with Natural Smoke Flavor.</p>
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butterer, softened
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp. chopped rosemary
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 brioche buns, pretzel or ciabatta buns, unsliced
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Provolone Natural Cheese with Natural Smoke Flavor, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. honey, optional
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- Place two wooden spoons on a clean board parallel with each other about 4 inches apart. Place 2 brioche, pretzel, or ciabatta buns in between the 2 wooden spoons running the same direction. The spoon handles will prevent you from cutting the slices all the way through. Using a serrated knife, make 5 one inch slices ¾ of the way through the buns. Set aside and repeat with remaining buns. Set aside.
- For garlic herb butter, combine butter, herbs and garlic salt. Stir until well combined.
- Use a butter knife to spread butter mixture on each cut piece of bun. Fold each provolone half in half and stuff into each slit. Place buns on a small baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- If a sweet and hot version sounds good to you, warm the honey in a microwave. Add the red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Drizzle over buns. Return to oven for another 3-4 minutes. Serve.