Pesto Chicken SlidersPrep Time: 15 MIN | Cook Time: 15 MIN | Servings: | Calories:
<p>Tender rotisserie chicken is gently tossed in a full-flavored pesto sauce, then piled onto soft slider buns with sliced capicola and Sargento<span>® </span>Reserve Series<span>™</span> Sliced Aged Gouda Natural Cheese. The tops are brushed with garlic butter and red pepper flake mixture and baked until hot and gooey.</p>
- 2 ½ cups cooked & shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 8 ea. soft slider buns, split
- 3 oz. pre-sliced capicola
- 6 slices Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Gouda Natural Cheese or Sargento® Creamery Baby Swiss
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and pesto. Gently toss until chicken is completely coated. Set aside.
- Separate the tops and the bottoms of the slider buns and place the bottoms in a greased 11”X7” casserole dish or baking pan.
- Divide the capicola and place onto the bottoms of the buns. Spoon the pesto chicken evenly over the capicola and then place the cheese slices over the chicken. Place the bun tops over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic salt and red pepper flakes. Liberally brush the tops of the buns with the mixture. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bun tops are toasted and cheese has melted. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.