Apple Cheddar SaladPrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: | Servings: 4 | Calories: 256
<p>Apple and bacon are no strangers to each other, and when you introduce Sargento® Mild Cheddar Cheese, you’ve got a sublime combination. Introduce all of these tasty ingredients to a bed of fresh romaine for an unforgettable salad that is substantial enough on its own to be a light meal.</p>
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. each: salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups packed torn romaine lettuce
- 1 unpeeled red apple, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Fine Cut
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar and pepper; mix well. (Dressing may be prepared ahead and chilled for up to 4 days.)
- Arrange greens on four serving plates. Arrange apple, cheese and bacon over greens. Drizzle dressing over salads and top with croutons if desired.
There are currently no reviews or comments.