Pappardelle Pasta With Aged Parmesan CheesePrep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 90 min | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>This ridiculously simple homemade sauce uses Fresh tomatoes, garlic and Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Parmesan Cheese slow roasted in chicken broth and white wine with Italian herbs, than added to browned ground beef and pork. Serve over fresh pappardelle pasta with sauteed wild mushrooms and top it with more aged parmesan.</p>
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut in half
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. wild mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, porcini, chantrelle)
- 8 oz. ground sirloin
- 8 oz. ground pork or veal
- 1 lb. pappardelle pasta, cooked and rinsed
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Place tomato halves cut side up in a 13" X 9" casserole dish. Add onion and garlic cloves. Pour in chicken stock and white wine. Drizzle oil over the top. Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper over tomatoes. Place pan in oven and roast uncovered for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Sargento® Reserve Series™ Aged Parmesan Cheese over the top. Roast an additional 20 minutes.
- While tomatoes are roasting, pre-heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add butter. When butter has melted and stopped foaming, add mushrooms. Saute' for 10-12 miunutes or until lightly browned and softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and pork in the same pan until cooked through.
- When tomato mixture is done cooking, transfer to a blender with a large spoon, making sure to add all cheese and liquid to blender. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet of browned meat. Stir to combine. Gently stir in pasta. Remove from heat and transfer to shallow pasta bowls or plates. Spoon mushrooms on top and add remaining aged parmesan on top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.