Quick Bolognese LasagnaPrep Time: 25 min | Cook Time: 50 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 474
<p>There’s never a wrong time to indulge in a hot casserole dish of lasagna Bolognese made with Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian and a savory slow-cooked meat sauce between layers of pasta. This quick version of an old world Italian meal will fill your kitchen with mouthwatering aromas as it bakes to perfection.</p>
- 1 lb. ground veal or meatloaf mix (ground pork, veal and beef)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped carrots
- 1 jar (24 to 28 oz.) vodka pasta sauce
- 2 lg. eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese or Light Ricotta Cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles (1/2 of an 8 oz. pkg.) or 6 long lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- Cook meat in large skillet with onion and carrots until no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; simmer 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together egg, ricotta, 1/2 cup 6 Cheese Italian, parsley and pepper.
- Spoon 1/2 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 11 x 7-inch baking dish or pan. Layer 2 noodles, one third of the Ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 remaining meat sauce and 1/2 cup 6 Cheese Italian Cheese. Repeat layering 2 more times with noodles, Ricotta mix, meat sauce and 6 Cheese Italian Cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 10 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley for garnish if desired. Serve.
5 out of 5
This was simple to make and very good. The next time we make it, I will increase the amount of sauce. Otherwise terrific.