<p>Next time you host breakfast or brunch, put this recipe together and you’ll be sure to fill everyone up at the table. Our hearty breakfast casserole lives up to its name with diced ham, chopped onions, shredded hash brown potatoes and tons of fluffy eggs that bake to perfection with melted Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut.</p>
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut, divided
- 1 cup diced ham (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or sliced green onions
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Toss potatoes with butter, 1 cup cheese and ham, if desired, in medium bowl. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread potato mixture in pan.
- Beat together eggs, milk, onion, salt and pepper in same bowl. Pour over potato mixture. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 40 minutes or until eggs are set. Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.