<p>These French sandwiches are the perfect breakfast treat for that special madame in your life. Croissant halves are dipped in an egg, milk, dijon and fresh herb batter, then pan-fried in butter. They are then filled with deli ham and lots of <span>Sargento® Creamery Sliced Baby Swiss Natural Cheese</span>, sprinkled with everything seasoning, and baked until hot and gooey.</p>
- 4 lg. eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chopped herbs (chives, parsley or rosemary)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 large croissants, halved
- 1 Tbsp. everything seasoning (Note: everything seasoning is a mixture of poppy seeds, sesame seeds and toasted onion. You can make your own mixture or use any of them on their own.
- 1 lb. deli ham, thinly sliced
- 16 slices Sargento® Creamery Sliced Baby Swiss Natural Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, and next 3 ingredients.
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and heat until melted. Swirl butter around bottom of pan to coat.
- One at a time, dip the croissant bottoms cut side down into the egg mixture and transfer to the hot skillet. Cook for 1 minute or until golden brown. Transfer bottoms, cut side up onto a greased baking sheet.
- Place 2-3 slices of ham gently folded over each bottom.
- Place 2 slices of cheese over each ham and croissant half.
- Dip croissant tops cut side down, one at a time, into remaining egg mixture, then place in hot skillet. Add more butter if needed. Cook for 1 minute or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Brush tops with remaining egg mixture and sprinkle everything seasoning over the top.
- Transfer pan to middle rack of oven and bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Serve with fresh fruit.