<p><span>Breakfast Cheese Pancake Corn Dogs offer a creative and satisfying twist on traditional corn dogs. These delicious treats combine the comfort of fluffy pancakes, the savory goodness of Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese, and the crispy texture of cornmeal coating.</span></p>
- 1 package sausage links
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup maple syrup for dipping
- 4 cups canola oil
- Cook sausage in a frying pan over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Pat cooked sausage with paper towels to absorb excess grease and insert a bamboo skewer into each sausage; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, cornmeal, and cinnamon.
- Add egg, vanilla and water, adding more water as needed for the batter to become slightly thick. Stir in cheese to batter.
- Add canola oil to deep fryer and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1/4 of batter mixture to cup. Dip each sausage skewer into batter and swirl around. Allow excess to drip off.
- Carefully drop each battered sausage into oil and use tongs to turn each corndog to ensure even browning.
- Remove corndogs from oil when the outside is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar and serve with warm maple syrup for dipping.