Appetizer & Sides
Cheese StrawsPrep Time: 20 MIN | Cook Time: 20 MIN | Servings: | Calories:
<p>These light and airy cheese sticks are loaded with flavor thanks to Sargento<span>®</span> Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese Ultra Thin<span>®</span> and they’re easy to make.</p>
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 11 slices Sargento® Sharp Natural Cheddar Cheese Ultra Thin® Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tsp. course ground black pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp paprika, optional
- Unfold the sheet of puff pastry onto a clean and lightly floured countertop.
- Roll out pastry sheet with a rolling pin into a 15” X 11” rectangle. Brush the entire surface of the puff
pastry with the beaten egg.
- Using a pizza wheel cutter, cut the sheet in half crosswise. You should have 2 halves about 7 1/2” X 11”.
- Place half of the cheese slices over one of the halves of the egg brushed pastry.
- Place the other half of pastry (egg brushed side up) over the other half that is topped with cheese slices.
- Place the remaining cheese slices on top of the top pastry and press lightly to adhere to the pastry.
- Cut the cheese pastry into 3/4” thick strips, then carefully twist each strip 3-4 times.
- Carefully place each twist on a parchment lined baking sheet 1” apart.
- Sprinkle each twisted pastry strip with fresh ground black pepper and paprika. Freeze tray for 10 minutes.
- Remove tray from freezer and bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely before removing
from tray. Serve.
5 out of 5
These are really good. Quick and easy to make. Instead of paprika I used my sundried tomato powder.
Great to make if you need a quick snack or appetizer.