<p>This Cajun-inspired potato salad is exactly what you need on your dinner table when you’re in the mood to zest things up with a kick of heat and Creole seasonings. The tender potatoes are mixed with fresh ingredients and topped with full-bodied Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut.</p>
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 1-1/4 cups light or regular mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun or Creole mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun or Creole seasonings
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 hard cooked eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cover with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, mustard, seasonings, celery, eggs and green onions in large bowl; mix well.
- Cut cooled potatoes into 3/4-inch chunks. Add potatoes, cheese, salt, pepper and hot sauce, if desired, to bowl; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.