Create this effortlessly tasty soufflé with an array of simple ingredients to make a tasty and classic meal any time you crave a twist on an old mac and cheese favorite with the help of Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut, finely chopped onion and some minced parsley garnish.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) elbow macaroni
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 1/4 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups (16 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Place egg yolks in large bowl and egg whites in bowl of electric mixer. Add milk, onion, parsley, salt and pepper to bowl with egg yolks; mix well. Drain macaroni; add to milk mixture and toss well. Stir in 2-1/2 cups cheese.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff but not dry. Fold into macaroni mixture. Transfer to greased 11X7-inch baking dish or 1-1/2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over macaroni mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.