This tasty Italian sandwich is great for a picnic or tailgate party. It stays together well, it's delicious, it's beautiful and it has two kinds of Sargento® Ultra Thin® Sliced Cheese, which makes it the perfect picnic sandwich.
- 1 loaf Foccacia bread, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 8 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Colby Jack Cheese Slices
- 10 slices Coppa Salami
- 8 slices Mortadella
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced, grilled
- ½ cup hot banana pepper rings
- 1 ½ cups roasted red pepper
- 8 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Provolone Cheese Slices
- 10 slices sandwich pepperoni
- 8 slices Genoa or Sopressata Salami
- ½ cup olive muffaletta mix, optional
- Grill cut side of bread for 30-45 seconds or until golden brown. Transfer to a board and set top aside while assembling sandwich.
- Spread pesto on bottom half of bread. Layer remaining ingredients over pesto starting with Sargento® Ultra Thin® Colby-Jack Cheese and finishing with olive mixture, then bread top. Wrap sandwich tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To make individual sandwiches: Cut sandwich into 8 squares. Wrap each square with parchment paper and tie with string. Refrigerate until needed.