<p>Try this melty Philly Cheesesteak made with Sargento® Creamery Sliced Provolone. Juicy steak is topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions and then topped with creamy cheese slices!</p>
- 1 lb Ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 5 slices Sargento® Creamery Provolone Cheese
- 1 - 12 in sub roll - cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Spread butter onto the cut sides of the sub roll. Toast the buns on a large skillet on medium heat until golden brown and then set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to your skillet and sautee the onions and mushrooms until caramelized. Transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Spread the sliced steak in an even layer in the skillet. Let brown for a couple of minutes undisturbed, then flip and season with salt and pepper. Sautee until steak is fully cooked through and then stir in the onions and mushrooms.
- Spoon the steak mixture over the sub roll and top with cheese slices. Serve warm.