Apple and bacon are no strangers to each other, and when you introduce Sargento® Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese, you’ve got a sublime combination. Introduce all of these tasty ingredients to a bed of fresh romaine for an unforgettable salad that is substantial enough on its own to be a light meal.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. each: salt, sugar and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups packed torn romaine lettuce
- 1 unpeeled red apple, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 slices Sargento® Sargento® Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese, halved, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar and pepper; mix well. (Dressing may be prepared ahead and chilled for up to 4 days.)
- Arrange greens on four serving plates. Arrange apple, cheese and bacon over greens. Drizzle dressing over salads and top with croutons if desired.