<p>From Italian seasoning in the beef to giardiniera pepper mix and Sargento® Mozzarella and Ciabatta buns, these burgers are filled with tantalizing Italian-inspired flavor. Grilled yellow pepper and red onion, crisp lettuce and ripe tomatoes complete this masterpiece of a burger.</p>
- 1-1/2 lbs. Lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Course ground black pepper
- 1 ea. Yellow pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium Red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves Green leaf lettuce, washed
- 8 slices Tomato
- 8 slices Sargento® Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Giardiniera pepper mix, drained and chopped
- 4 ea. Ciabatta buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, and next 4 ingredients. Mix with hands until well blended. Form mixture into 4 even patties about 6 oz. each. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Grill peppers and onions over direct heat for 5-7 minutes or until charred and crisp tender. Set aside.
- Grill burgers for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Place 2 cheese slices on each burger the last minute of cooking. Remove burgers from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- BURGER ASSEMBLY: Spoon 2 tablespoons of giardiniera pepper mix onto bottom buns. Top lettuce with tomato slices, grilled peppers and onions. Place cheese burgers over onions. Place bun top and serve.