Italian Beef BurgerPrep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 680
<p>From Italian seasoning in the beef to giardiniera pepper mix and Sargento® Mozzarella and Ciabatta buns, these burgers are filled with tantalizing Italian-inspired flavor. Grilled yellow pepper and red onion, crisp lettuce and ripe tomatoes complete this masterpiece of a burger.</p>
- 1-1/2 lbs. Lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Course ground black pepper
- 1 ea. Yellow pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium Red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves Green leaf lettuce, washed
- 8 slices Tomato
- 8 slices Sargento® Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Giardiniera pepper mix, drained and chopped
- 4 ea. Ciabatta buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, and next 4 ingredients. Mix with hands until well blended. Form mixture into 4 even patties about 6 oz. each. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Grill peppers and onions over direct heat for 5-7 minutes or until charred and crisp tender. Set aside.
- Grill burgers for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Place 2 cheese slices on each burger the last minute of cooking. Remove burgers from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- BURGER ASSEMBLY: Spoon 2 tablespoons of giardiniera pepper mix onto bottom buns. Top lettuce with tomato slices, grilled peppers and onions. Place cheese burgers over onions. Place bun top and serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.