The slider just got a healthy facelift. These rustic baguette bites combine grilled peppers, mushrooms, onions, squash and sweet potato with sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs and olives. A healthy helping of Sargento® Sliced Provolone Cheese makes these healthy bites irresistible.
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 ea. small portabella mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 ea. poblano pepper, halved, seeded
- ½ medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 small sweet red peppers
- ½ ea. small sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ cup prepared red pepper spread
- 1 ea. french baguette, cut in half lengthwise, grilled
- 8 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Provolone Cheese
- For Grilled Vegetable Filling: Place yellow pepper and next 6 ingredients on a large baking sheet. Drizzle oil over vegetables, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables over high heat for 2-3
minutes per side or until slightly charred and cooked crisp tender. Transfer vegetables back to baking sheet and let cool. Dice vegetables and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and next 4 ingredients.
- To Assemble Sandwiches: Spoon filling on bottom half of grilled baguette. Place cheese slices over filling. Close sandwich and wrap in foil. Grill sandwich over indirect heat for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and vegetables are hot. Cut into 2” pieces. Transfer pieces to a plate and serve.
- NOTE: You can substitute any vegetables you’d like. Red pepper spread can be often found in the international foods section of the grocery store. You can substitute any dressing you’d like.