These sandwich melts bring layers of savory sliced turkey pastrami, plenty of Sargento® Sliced Cheddar-Mozzarella Cheese, spicy brown mustard and sliced onion between toasted slices of tasty pumpernickel bread.
- 5 tsp. butter, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 4 oz. deli sliced turkey pastrami
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Spread mustard over 2 slices bread; top with 2 slices of the cheese, cooked onion and turkey pastrami. Top with remaining 2 slices cheese and bread. Spread remaining butter over outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook sandwiches in same skillet over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cheese is melted.