<p><span>Brussels sprouts are the perfect fall ingredient. They stay fresh a long time, they are versatile and they taste great with Sargento® Cheddar</span><span>. This version uses shredded brussels sprouts to speed up the cooking time. The buttery cracker crumbs on top add that old fashioned feel just like Grandma’s house.</span></p>
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup Red onion, cut into strips
- 8 ozs. Small button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 10 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 15 ea. Butter crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 cups Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Shreds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat oil over medium low heat. Add onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until onions and mushrooms are softened.
- Add brussels sprouts and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until brussels sprouts are slightly softened.
- Fold in heavy cream, sour cream, and mayonnaise until well blended.
- Fold in half of cheese. Spoon mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Combine crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 7-10 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve.