Busy week nights call for quick and easy meals with few ingredients and straight-forward preparation. This pasta dish fits the bill. It has a delicious sauce with Sargento® Parmesan Cheese served over chicken, fresh vegetables and pasta.
- 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 3/4 cup Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 cups chopped fresh vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, celery, etc.)
- 1/2 lb. pasta, cooked and drained
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan. Add flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in milk. Heat to simmer. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and basil; set aside.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in large skillet. Add chicken and stir over medium heat until cooked through. Stir into cheese sauce.
- Cook onions and chopped vegetables in same skillet 5 minutes or until tender but still crunchy. Stir into cheese sauce. Pour over cooked pasta and serve with additional Parmesan cheese.