Whip up a fresh, summery lunch with these delicious gooey quesadillas inspired by a caprese salad. They feature a classic medley of mozzarella, tomatoes, pesto, roasted red peppers and basil, topped with a balsamic reduction. It’s the perfect way to use up your garden bounty or farmers market fare.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut
- 1 cup roasted red peppers sliced
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup prepared Pesto
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- In a small saucepan on low heat add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and reduce by half. Set aside and cool.
- Heat a large pan on low heat with 2 teaspoon olive oil. Add 1 tortilla and place 1⁄2 cup of shredded cheese all around the tortilla. Then place on half of the tortilla 1⁄4 cup slice red pepper, sliced tomatoes, 1⁄4 cup pesto season with salt and pepper then fold in half. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Then flip quesadilla and brown the other half and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut and repeat with the other 3 tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds. Then drizzle with Balsamic reduction and fresh basil leaves.