<p>This cheesy green chile bake has the creamy green sauce that you would find in enchiladas without the tortillas. The sauce base is made from roasted green chiles, cream cheese, chicken broth, and spice. Once the creamy green sauce is poured over the top of the chicken, Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Natural Cheese is layered on top and then sprinkled with shredded Sargento® Block Extra Sharp Cheddar Natural Cheese for a delicious blend of melted white and yellow cheeses.</p>
- Creamy Green Chili Sauce: 1 lb green chiles; 2 pablano chiles; 5 tomatillos; 1/2 white onion; 2 garlic cloves; 1 cup cilantro; 2-3 cups chicken broth; 1 block cream cheese; 2 Tbsp chicken bouillion; 1/4 tsp cumin; 1/4 tsp Mexican oregano; black pepper
- Chicken: 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts; 1 tsp salt; 1/4 tsp black pepper; 1 Tbsp Mexican red chili powder; 1/8 tsp paprika; 1/2 tsp onion powder; 1/2 tsp garlic powder; 1/4 tsp cumin; 1/4 tsp Mexican oregano; 1 tsp chicken bouillion
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Natural Cheese
- Sargento® Block Extra Sharp Cheddar Natural Cheese, shredded
- Place the peppers on an oiled skillet for 8 minutes flipping throughout. Then add your tomatillos and onion to the oiled skillet for about 5 minutes to add a little char.
- Let them cool and then place all the roasted ingredients into a blender with the cilantro, garlic, chicken broth, chicken bouillon, cumin, oregano, black pepper and softened cream cheese and blend until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Next combine all of the spices and mix.
- Slice chicken breasts in half and cover them in the spice seasoning.
- Add oil to the skillet and sear the chicken on each side.
- Take the chicken out of the skillet and place into a baking dish and pour the creamy blended sauce on top of the chicken.
- Cover the top of the chicken with Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Natural Cheese, then top with the shredded sharp cheddar.
- Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.