Sausages with Everything (Perros Calientes con Todo)Prep Time: 25 MIN | Cook Time: 12 MIN | Servings: | Calories:
<p>In Colombia, sausages are ever-present at soccer games and concerts. However our version, includes everything from ripe fruit to potato chips and from cheese to quail eggs… this recipe uses <span>Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese</span> to add an extra kick.</p>
- 4 chorizo style pre cooked sausages
- 4 hot dog buns
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Pepper Jack Natural Cheese, cut into 1/2" strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup finely diced pickles of your choice
- 1/2 cup small diced ripe pineapple
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Grill chorizo style sausages until nice and charred all over, 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap hot dog buns in foil and place on the top shelf of the grill or on the outer edges to receive indirect heat.
- While chorizos grill and bread warms up, stir together ketchup and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Place potato chips, pickles, pineapple, and pickle relish each in an individual bowl for self serving.
- When chorizos are ready, remove from the grill, unwrap the bread and assemble. Top with cheese slices right away so that the cheese melts into the chorizo.
- Have each person top their hot dog with a drizzle of the mayo/ketchup sauce, pickles, pineapple, potato chips, and pickle relish to taste.
There are currently no reviews or comments.