Slow Cooker & Air Fryer
Slow Cooker Football PizzaPrep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 4 Hours | Servings: 4 | Calories: 730
<p>It’s football season, which means oven space is at a premium with all those appetizers needed for the big game. Instead of taking up half the oven with a pizza, try making it in the slow cooker and top it with green onions to make it look like laces on a football. Your friends will be green and gold with envy. </p>
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 12 ozs. Pizza dough, prepared
- 8 ozs. Fresh Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ozs. Prepared pizza sauce
- 2 cups Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - Traditional Cut
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese - Traditional Cut
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and salt. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom and up the sides of the slow cooker. Brush the parchment with the garlic butter.
- Stretch pizza dough into an oval shape and press the dough into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Spread pizza sauce over pizza dough within 1/2" of the edge. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle cheddar over mozzarella. Top with cooked sausage. Cover slow cooker and turn slow cooker to high setting. Cook for 4 hours or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into pieces and serve.
4 out of 5
I made this today. Followed the recipe exactly except added onion to the sausage as I cooked it. Taste is amazing. However, I checked the browning of the crust after 3 hours and it was very brown, one step from being totally burnt. Next time I will check after 2 hours. (I was using the Ninja 3 and 1 and I do know it cooks hot).