<p>Make the first meal of the day memorable with this decadent and delicious baked French toast recipe! Rye bread is stuffed with a smooth spreading of tangy honey mustard, melted Sargento® Sliced Provolone Cheese, and your choice of ham or smoked turkey breast. Just bake and serve hot.</p>
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Provolone Cheese or Sargento® Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 4 slices deli ham or smoked turkey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Confectioners sugar (optional)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, heated
- Coat 11x7-inch glass baking dish with butter. Place 4 slices bread in bottom of dish, cutting off crusts to fit, if necessary. Spread honey mustard over bread; top with 4 slices cheese, ham, remaining cheese and bread slices.
- Beat sugar, eggs, milk and salt together in medium bowl. Pour mixture over "sandwiches." Let stand 10 minutes. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve with syrup.