Having the gang over for brunch? Here’s the perfect addition to your menu. The Sargento® Reduced Fat* Mild Cheddar, but not the flavor in this cheesy-good dish everyone will love. *33% less fat and 15% fewer calories compared to Sargento® Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. garlic-flavored oil
- 4-1/2 cups (1-inch cubes) potatoes
- 1 cup Canadian bacon, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add potatoes; cook 10 minutes, or until potatoes are browned and tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bacon, red pepper, chives, garlic and basil. Cook 3 minutes, until red pepper is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add 1 cup cheese; stir until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheese.