Introduce this new classic to the family. Sprinkle fresh tasting Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese into this mix for the most authentic and scrumptious tasting quiche yet. Serve it as an appetizer or main course. Either way, it’s going to go fast.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) plus 1 Tbsp. Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 medium tomatoes, 1 chopped, 2 sliced, divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped tomatoes; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add milk, Swiss cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, dill weed and salt; mix well. Stir in onion mixture. Pour into pie shell. Top with sliced tomatoes and remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 55 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes and serve.