Start your morning off with this beautifully crafted skillet meal made with red potatoes, cooked with bacon, Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut and eggs with a fresh chopped chives and sour cream on the side for a leg up on the day.
- 3-1/2 cups (1-1/4 lbs.) cubed (1/2-inch) unpeeled red potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup diced, cooked ham or crumbled, cooked bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups (5 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut or Sargento® Shredded Colby-Jack Cheese - Fine Cut
- Sour cream, chopped chives or sliced green onions (optional)
- Place potatoes in large non-stick skillet; add enough cold water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until potatoes are barely tender.
- Drain water from skillet; stir in butter, salt, pepper and ham. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. With back of large spoon, make four indentations in potato mixture. Crack an egg into each indentation; cover skillet and cook 2 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle cheese over potato and egg mixture; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Top with sour cream, chives or green onion, if desired.