For overnight guests or a holiday brunch with family, this breakfast lasagna is always a big hit— especially for a table full of hungry guests. Sargento® Mozzarella and Provolone Blend and 6 Cheese Italian add a rich, gooey deliciousness to this hearty dish. You can prepare the lasagna the night before and bake it in the morning.
- 1/2 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (5 oz.) bag baby spinach
- 1 cup Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup half & half
- Pinch of cayenne
- 6 long lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- 3/4 cup Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella Provolone Blend
- 3/4 cup Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In a cast iron skillet on medium heat, cook mild Italian sausage until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add olive oil. Sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper on medium-high until soft and transparent. Add oregano, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, and continue sauteing for 3 minutes. Remove veggies from pan, add to sausage and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté baby spinach until wilted. Remove from pan, add to veggies and sausage. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese, egg, Sargento® Grated Parmesan Cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another small bowl, whisk half and half, eggs, salt, ground pepper, and cayenne.
- Spray a 9 x 9 pan with oil and layer in this order: 1/4 cup of egg/milk mixture, layer 2 lasagna noodles, add half of ricotta mixture, add half of veggie/sausage mix, 3/4 cup Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese, layer 2 lasagna noodles, add remaining ricotta mix, add remaining veggie/sausage mix, 3/4 cup Sargent® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.