Elevate the flavor of any meal with these delicious, stuffed mashed potatoes made with sour cream, crumbled cooked bacon and Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut for a creamy texture and savory flavor. It pairs perfectly with any main course.
- 6 (2-1/2 lbs.) large red potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon or real bacon bits
- 1 tsp. garlic salt or salt
- Chives, chopped (optional)
- Cook potatoes in simmering water 18 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; return to same pot. Add butter; mash with a potato masher or hand held mixer until butter is melted and potatoes are desired consistency.
- Stir in cheese, sour cream, bacon and garlic salt; mix well. Garnish with chives, if desired.