Appetizer & Sides
Stuffed Mashed PotatoesPrep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 18 min | Servings: 8 | Calories: 250
Elevate the flavor of any meal with these delicious, stuffed mashed potatoes made with sour cream, crumbled cooked bacon and Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut for a creamy texture and savory flavor. It pairs perfectly with any main course.
- 6 (2-1/2 lbs.) large red potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Fine Cut
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon or real bacon bits
- 1 tsp. garlic salt or salt
- Chives, chopped (optional)
- Cook potatoes in simmering water 18 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; return to same pot. Add butter; mash with a potato masher or hand held mixer until butter is melted and potatoes are desired consistency.
- Stir in cheese, sour cream, bacon and garlic salt; mix well. Garnish with chives, if desired.
5 out of 5
This was a hit for Christmas dinner. It was full of flavour and was so easy to put together. Made it the night before and reheated it in the microwave. Will be making it again for sure.