<p>Whip up these beautiful and cheesy soufflés using Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese with a blend of seasoning, fluffy eggs and cream of tartar. You'll impress your guests with a sumptuous side that pairs well with a refreshing salad sprinkled with bacon and your favorite dressing.</p>
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp. butter
- 2-1/4 cups (10 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- Grease 2-quart soufflé dish with 2 tsp. butter and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- Melt remaining butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute; whisking occasionally. Whisk in milk, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer, whisking frequently. Add remaining cheese and whisk until melted (mixture will be thick.) Remove saucepan from heat.
- Combine egg yolks and 3 Tbsp. of cheese mixture in medium bowl; whisk. Gradually whisk in remaining cheese mixture until well blended.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in electric mixer until stiff but not dry. Stir one-fourth of the whites into the cheese mixture to lighten; fold in remaining whites. Pour mixture into soufflè dish; bake in center of preheated 375°F oven 35 minutes or until puffed and browned. Gently sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Serve immediately.