There’s something so comforting and wonderful about potatoes that are whipped into a fluffy consistency and laden with toppings that give way to beautifully savory flavors. When creating the overflowing potato filling with sour cream, butter and Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut, you’re ensuring that no decadence shall be spared when it comes to these lovely baked potatoes.
- 6 large russet potatoes (4 lbs.), peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives, divided
- 3 cups (12 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Traditional Cut
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain; return to same pan. Add sour cream and butter. Mash with potato masher or electric mixer. Stir in bacon and 2 tablespoons chives. Add Mozzarella cheese and mix well.
- Spoon into greased 3-qt. casserole; top with Swiss cheese. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and potatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with remaining chives.
- Variation: For Baked Stuffed Potatoes, bake potatoes in oven or microwave until tender. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out potatoes, leaving 1/8-inch shell. Prepare potato mixture as directed; fill potato shells with mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F 25 minutes or until hot.