<p>Soft sandwich bread is rolled flat, spread with mayonnaise, topped with Sargento® Ultra Thin® Sharp Cheddar, then rolled up, brushed with melted butter and air fried until gooey and golden brown. Add some tomato soup, ketchup or marinara sauce for dipping, and you have a fun spin on a classic.</p>
- 4 slices Sandwich bread
- 4 Tbsp. Melted butter
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 12 slices Sargento® Ultra-Thin® Sharp Cheddar
- ½ cup Tomato soup, marinara sauce or ketchup
- Place one slice of bread on a clean flat surface such as a countertop or cutting board. Use a rolling pin to flatten the slice of bread. Brush the top of the flattened slice of bread with butter. Set the slice of bread aside and repeat with remaining bread slices and butter.
- To create each cheese rollup: Brush or squeeze mayonnaise on unbuttered side of bread. Place 3 slices of cheese on top. Starting at one end, carefully rollup the slice of bread, leaving seam side down. Repeat with remaining slices of buttered bread.
- Using a small, serrated knife, cut off the ends of the cheese rollups, removing the crust.
- Pre-heat an air fryer to 400 degrees. Place 4 cheese rollups in the air fryer and bake for 4 minutes. Flip rollups and bake an additional 4 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to plates and serve with a side of tomato soup for dipping.