Mexi-Chicken Grilled CheesePrep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>This grilled cheese sandwich features a grilled chicken salad with chilies, tomatoes, lime juice, chili powder, pumpkins seeds and cilantro. The Sargento® Pepper Jack adds the melty cheese goodness that’s topped off with avocado.</p>
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Grilled chicken, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Diced green chilies, drained
- 1 tbsp Diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices Whole grain bread, sliced
- 12 slices Sargento® Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 ea Avocado, pitted and sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili powder and lime juice. Stir with a spoon until blended.
- Add chicken, chilies, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Stir until well blended.
- Butter one side of 8 slices of bread.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on the unbuttered side of 4 slices of bread. Spoon chicken salad mixture on top of cheese. Place 3-4 slices of avocado over chicken salad. Place 1 slice of cheese over avocado. Place remaining bread slices over cheese butter side up.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
- Grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Cut in half and serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.