Pizza is one of those foods that almost everyone loves to eat. Unless of course you are on a keto diet. Then pizza is not so great. Until now that is. This recipe replaces doughy crust with flavorful portabella mushrooms. Add your favorite toppings to suit your taste.
- 3 lg. Portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 2/3 cup Prepared pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups Sargento® Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Assorted pizza toppings of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Pierce each mushroom in 3-4 places with a fork to allow for excess water to drain while roasting. Place pierced mushroom caps hollowed side up on a rack positioned over a medium roasting pan or baking dish.
- Spoon pizza sauce evenly into each mushroom cap. Sprinkle cheese over sauce. Sprinkle seasoning over cheese.
- Top with your favorite toppings. Transfer pan to oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and mushrooms are tender. Serve