<p>Pepperoni, black olives, red bell pepper, tomatoes and Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria create the pizza flavor in this hearty soup. Crusty Parmesan bread slices and fresh basil leaves add a delicious finishing touch.</p>
- 8 slices French baguette bread, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chunky pasta-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced zucchini, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 oz.) sliced black olives, drained
- 2 oz. thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Brush bread slices with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine tomatoes, chicken broth, zucchini and bell pepper in large saucepan. Heat to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in olives and pepperoni. Simmer 1 minute.
- Ladle soup into four soup bowls; sprinkle evenly with Pizza Double Cheese. Top each serving with 2 bread slices. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.