You don’t have to be a professional pizzaiolo or have an industrial pizza oven in your home to whip up some of the best pizzas on the block. All you need is a grill and our recipe for easy pizza dough that makes for an authentic crispy crust, every time. Embedded on a melted layer of Sargento® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese are smoky chipotle salsa, ham, mushrooms, and garlic bringing in some deeply savory flavors.
- 1-1/3 cups warm water
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. chopped roasted garlic (optional)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup chipotle salsa
- 1/2 lb. grilled small portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. diced ham
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Chopped fresh herbs (thyme, basil or chives)
- Place water, yeast and sugar in food processor; pulse several times. Add olive oil, flour, salt, oregano and, if desired, garlic. Process until mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer dough to lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let rise 45 minutes to 1-1/2 hours in warm, draft-free place. Punch down dough and turn out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead 2 minutes.
- Divide dough into quarters; stretch each gently into a rectangle or circle. Spray or brush with oil.
- Place dough, oiled side down, on cooking grate over preheated grill 2 minutes. Spray top with oil; remove from grill.
- Sprinkle half of cheese on cooked side. Place salsa, mushrooms, ham and green onions over cheese; sprinkle with more cheese. Return to grill and cook 10 minutes more or until toppings are bubbly.
- Let pizzas cool slightly and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs.