Spinach Tomato CasserolePrep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 4 | Calories: 172
Our spinach casserole doesn't hold back on cheese thanks to Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese for a deeply creamy and rich texture between layers of sliced tomato and spinach for a tasty meal that any cheese lover will enjoy.
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) Sargento® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Stir together spinach, Ricotta cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Spread half of spinach mixture in 8-inch baking dish; top with one sliced tomato. Repeat layering with remaining spinach mixture and tomato; top with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
1 out of 5
My last two start rating seems to have deleted itself so hopefully this one star review will stick. This recipe doesn’t work. The tomatoes make it very watery and the cooking time should be doubled. It ought to include a shallow pan since, after 20 minutes, the spinach was still cold. To prevent the cheese from burning it should be covered with foil. Altogether it’s just not a good recipe.