Modern Tuna Melt SandwichPrep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Servings: 4 | Calories:
<p>The old school tuna melt just received it's P.H.D with this transformation. Fresh tuna is seared, cubed and tossed in a creamy mayo and sour cream dressing with dill, chives, chopped radish, lemon juice and garlic powder. Spoon it onto toasted 12 grain bread and top it will Sargento® Sliced Cheddar Cheese. Fresh tomatoes, avocado slices and fresh ground black pepper put the finishing touches on this honor roll sandwich</p>
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 medium radishes, chopped
- 10-12 oz. fresh tuna, diced and seared
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted, thinly sliced
- 8 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices Sargento® Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, chives, lemon juice, dill, red onion, radishes and tuna. Stir until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwich.
- Toast bread to golden brown. Divide arugula over each piece of toast. Divide refrigerated tuna mixture evenly over arugula. Top each sandwich with 1 slice of cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with avocado slices, tomato slices and ground pepper.
- Note: Tuna can be grilled to well done, then flaked with a fork like canned tuna.
There are currently no reviews or comments.