Extra Cheese Cheddar, Broccoli & Potato BakePrep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Servings: 6 | Calories:
<p>Tender potatoes, fresh broccoli and lots of Sargento® Creamery Shredded Cheddar Cheese combine in this side dish that is delicious, easy and breezy to make.</p>
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 cups milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 ½ cups Sargento® Creamery Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add potatoes, milk, salt and pepper to a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are still slightly firm when pierced with a fork.
- Add broccoli, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until bright green in color.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to potato and broccoli mixture and stir quickly. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Turn off burner, then add 1 cup of cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer mixture to a 10”X7” casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornflakes and melted butter. Remove baking dish from oven and top with cornflake mixture. Bake uncovered an additional 10 Min. Remove from oven and serve.
There are currently no reviews or comments.