<p>Tender potatoes, fresh broccoli and lots of Sargento® Creamery Shredded Cheddar Cheese combine in this side dish that is delicious, easy and breezy to make.</p>
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 cups milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 ½ cups Sargento® Creamery Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add potatoes, milk, salt and pepper to a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are still slightly firm when pierced with a fork.
- Add broccoli, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until bright green in color.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to potato and broccoli mixture and stir quickly. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Turn off burner, then add 1 cup of cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer mixture to a 10”X7” casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornflakes and melted butter. Remove baking dish from oven and top with cornflake mixture. Bake uncovered an additional 10 Min. Remove from oven and serve.