Chorizo & Roasted Poblano Cheese EmpanadasPrep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Servings: 6 | Calories:
<p>Spicy chorizo meets sweet, smoky poblano in these queso fundido-inspired flaky hand pies. Sargento® Reserve Series™18 Month Aged Cheddar makes these 5-ingredient empanadas incredibly rich with just the right level of tangy deliciousness for the most irresistible bites. </p>
- ½ lb fresh Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 2-3 poblano peppers
- 1 ½ cups Sargento® Reserve Series™ 18-Month Aged Cheddar
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Egg wash (1 egg + 2 tbsp water)
- Over an open flame, in a pan, or under the broiler, roast the poblano peppers until the skin is blackened on all sides. Then place the blackened peppers in a brown paper bag and seal for a few minutes. Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel off the loosened skins and remove the stem and seeds. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook the chorizo, while breaking it up, until browned. Combine with the poblano peppers and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out each puff pastry sheet into a 12x12 inch square. Cut to divide into 18 pieces (9 per sheet).
- In the center of each square, place some cheese, and then a little less than 1 tablespoon of the filling, followed by some more cheese on top.
- Lightly brush the edges with some egg wash and fold the dough over to form a triangle. Crimp and seal the edges well with a fork, poke the surface once with the fork, and then brush the surfaces with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with hot sauce or salsa of your choice!
There are currently no reviews or comments.